How am I operating??
I am still in operation during COVID-19. Please see below information for Tier 2 and Tier 3 situations. We are currently in TIER 3
Lessons are operated via Zoom Online.
After your booking you will be sent a link to your lesson.
I have invested in technical equipment to make your zoom lesson as clear and easy as possible! Please make sure you have altered your audio settings on the Zoom App:
First, go to the audio settings via the arrow next to the ‘Mute’ button.
Untick ‘Automatically Adjust Microphone Volume’
Just above that, adjust the ‘Input Volume’ slider to about 75%. Maybe less if your a loud singer :)
Go to ‘Advanced’ at the bottom of the setting page
Tick the box for “Show in-meeting option to “Enable Original Sound” from microphone”. This one is really important. Some of the software, designed to help speech, mistakes sustained notes as background hum and cuts them out. Super-irritating.
Change both “Suppress Persistent Background Noise” and “Suppress Intermittent Background Noise” to disabled
Makes sure “Echo Cancellation” is set to auto
Be sure each of you choose “Turn on Original Sound” when you return to meeting.
For Ipads and Iphones:
It’s not ideal to be running voice lessons on these, either for singer or coach. However, if you have no other choice, you can at least use this adjustment to help your sound during your session:
Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Phone Noise Cancellation (untick)
I am able to offer safe one to one sessions in person, or via Zoom.
The teaching area is disinfected regularly, and I leave an hour in-between each student to allow for thorough ventilation and cleaning.
The 'In Person' COVID-19 Policy:
Because teaching occurs in our home, I'm sure you can understand that we have strict COVID precautions in place. We have, as I'm sure is the same for many of you, family and friends who are still vulnerable and we all need to stay safe and protect them!
**If you are unsure in any way whether someone you have had contact with within the week before your session may have shown any Covid symptoms, then you must cancel or re-arrange your lesson and get tested. Be Safe rather than sorry.
So here are our Covid regulations:
- Please enter via the back door, directly into the teaching room and to avoid passing through kitchen.
- Upon entering there will be hand sanitiser and a remote temperature check. If your temperature shows as RED I'm sorry I cannot teach you.
- Please try not to touch surfaces in the household unless it shows a green sticker.
- The piano will be distanced from you. Please keep your distance and don't touch the piano.
- Can you make sure to bring your own Water, Pencil, Pad, Phone/Voice recording device. These can no longer be provided for you.
- Backing tracks will be played via bluetooth speakers.
- I will be wearing protective mask and eye wear. You are not obliged to wear PPE but can if it makes you feel more comfortable.
- The windows will be open so bring a jumper incase its cold.
- The room will be ventilated for 55mins between each student, surfaces disinfected and room sprayed.
- If you happen to need to use the toilet facilities, please only touch objects marked with a green sticker and wipe down any other surfaces touched on exit.